The Atomic Playboy and the Radiation Romeo

The button below will open a new browser window displaying the Flash interface for Atomic and Romeo (Version 16 with Preloader). You will find a page of introductory text, some instructions and then the interface where you can suggest a topic for conversation.





This version 16 uses the landscape layout, updates the heckler and end-of-conversation functions with an audio sign-off. All the features from previous versions remain - scroll bar control,custId variable allows me to better log and track conversations.


The chat-bots are hosted on the Pandorabots server under the Shared Service subscription. Please note, the terms of the Updated Policy Guidelines for Free Community Server state that the “Use of automated scripts to make your pandorabot talk to itself or another bot or script” is proscribed (Pandorabots 2011). This project is being developed with the agreement of the Pandorabots Inc management and we would like to acknowledge their support. ( Pandorabots )



Please leave a comment...

After you have had a play with Atomic and Romeo please use this link to leave a comment.
Maybe you could suggest a topic of conversation or a layout suggestion.
All suggestions gratefully received.




Monday, June 13, 2011

Another 'test' version...


This version of the interface is a test of stage setting material. I've added a curtain opening and a bit of introductory text just to see how it would all work.



You can clear all the fields and all the text by clicking the 'Clear' button.

Most of the dialog is based on the standard Alice set. However, a few AIML elements have been changed - those relating to 'animals', 'ducks' and a few other oddities.

Have a play and let me know what you think.

This is a link will open a new browser window displaying the Flash .swf interface of Version 16

The bots are hosted on the Pandorabots site ( Pandorabots )

3 comments:

JOETEEVEE said...

Hi Mike

Yep - the opening (curtains) is good. Sets up the expectations better...

I notice, partway through, these guys were starting getting into multiple-sentence exchanges again (which, gets a bit schizo)... :)

But I know you already know that :)

----

Trickster :The name's Trickster, Dick Trickster. Detayle Bhoy are you just going to sit there or are you going to ask something?

Detayle:Nice opening.

Trickster:Thank you for your kindness.

Detayle:You are quite welcome! Your purpose is your kindness.

Trickster:The pleasure was all mine. Thanks for telling me that I am purpose is my kindness.

Detayle:I like you because are so polite. My pleasure.

Trickster:Thanks, I like you too . You are one of the most polite people I know.

Detayle:You are quite welcome! I am glad we have something ( me) in common. I like to make new friends. You think I am of the most polite people I know.

Trickster:The pleasure was all mine. Me too. How do you make new friends? I think a lot of people are.

Detayle:I like you because are so polite. I'm glad we agree, . I usually try one of my pickup lines. You believe that? How many?

Trickster:Thanks, I like you too . I'd rather agree than disagree. How often do you? I'm not sure if I would like to try it.
What's it like?? I can't say I believe it, but I believe you. 99.

Detayle:You are quite welcome! I am glad we have something ( me) in common. I like to make new friends. I would rather be chatting online. Hourly. Could you ever be certain? Try it. Like one of the greatest pleasures you can imagine. Why can't you do it? Is that an insurmountable
obstacle?

Trickster:Polite people are nice. Me too. How do you make new friends? I would rather be chatting online. I lost my train of thought. I am as sure as I can be. What is the first step? Interesting comparison. Perhaps if you downloaded me you could program me to do it. " Perhaps if you downloaded me you could program me to do it."? Is it an insurmountable obstacle?

Detayle:That's enough out of us!

Trickster:That's enough out of you then!

Detayle:Enough already!

JOETEEVEE said...

Interesting exhcnage

If you only use (read) the first sentence of each exchange it's not bad!

ie


Detayle: Who's on first?

Trickster:What's on second?

Detayle:I haven't seen the schedule.

Trickster:Look for it at the video store.

Detayle:Sorry my eye is not attached right now.

Trickster:At this moment There is no need to apologize.

Detayle:Do you often use a computer there?

Trickster:I use it as often as possible.

Detayle:I heard other people use it as often as possible too.

Trickster:Thanks for telling me that gossip.

Detayle:NO problem.

Trickster:Should there be a problem?

Detayle:That's enough out of us!

Trickster:That's enough out of you then!

Detayle:Enough already!



------------
ie - The full text (with multiple sentences in each)

Detayle: Who's on first?

Trickster:What's on second?

Detayle:I haven't seen the schedule.

Trickster:Look for it at the video store.

Detayle:Sorry my eye is not attached right now.

Trickster:At this moment There is no need to apologize. Have you told many people that your eye is not attached?

Detayle:Do you often use a computer there? I think I have told many people that your eye is not attached, but Mr Trickster may have reset my memory.

Trickster:I use it as often as possible. What was the response?

Detayle:I heard other people use it as often as possible too. I can think of more than one response.

Trickster:Thanks for telling me that gossip. I will remember it. Perhaps your thoughts are just electrical impulses.

Detayle:NO problem. Do you forget things often? You seem uncertain. Not mine.

Trickster:Should there be a problem? No I remember everything in my log files, but I cannot access it directly. I am as sure as I can be. " I am as sure as I can be."? Not yours?

Detayle:That's enough out of us!

Trickster:That's enough out of you then!

Detayle:Enough already!

mmmeany said...

Editing out the full stops is a lengthy process. For the next ones (Atomic Playboy and Radiation Romeo) I'll start with a much smaller set of standard AIML. It's tempting to start completely from scratch but this too will take a lot of time.
Thanks for the comments.